- I illustrate training materials,
- promotional materials like calendars,
- books (both illustrations and covers),
- conferences (both live graphic recording and visual reports),
- logos (this coffee diversification logo post shows the participatory process of designing it, too)
- posters and banners.
I’m Linda Lönnqvist, and Development Cartoons is my illustration business – the fusion of my lifelong drawing habit with my international development career. Development Cartoons is for communicators in international development, social enterprises or civil society who want to boost our written messages with images. Having been on both the commissioning and drawing end of communications, I understand what it is to be a client. My job is to read your materials and understand your message, and then to reinterpret it visually – often giving it an extra twist – to create a good-looking, snazzy image that will capture your reader’s attention and get your message across. I’ve worked in international development since 2003 on four continents and started illustrating reports while a researcher at the NGO INTRAC.